Is An Ipad Worth Buying? Student Edition



 If you’re currently wondering whether you should buy an ipad or no, then you should definitely stick around until the end. 

This October, after a relatively short consideration, I decided to get myself an ipad for my birthday present. It wasn’t something I have adored for a long time, I just happened to see a Tiktok video that showcased the ipad’s features of being able to take notes for school. 

I was immediately impressed and 3 weeks later I purchased an ipad pro 2020 along with its second generation apple pencil. 

One of the first disappointment I found was that in order to take notes like everyone else does, you still have to buy the app. The Ipad and the apple pencil themselves were already very pricey, so it surprised me that I had to use more money. 

The app was GoodNotes5! 

After trying several strokes, fiddling with the pencil for some time, I got used to it and fell in love. It was like writing but easier and more convenient, if you made a writing mistake you can just undo. The fact that you can underline in a straight line is also very satisfying. The app lets you resize your writing and there are so many features that lets you take notes in a way that pen and paper will never be able to. 

I, myself is a huge fan of aesthetics, a new ipad means that I also have to decorate it!  I purchased some other accessories inspired by those cute-looking ipads I saw on Youtube. This is the final look for my ipad currently! 

                        


I got everything from Shopee. The Ipad case wasn’t as expensive as the keyboard and the mouse, it costed around 149 thousand Rupiah. With the case you can get the ipad to stand in different positions. 




The mouse is Logitech Pebble M350 in the color rose gold, although the color in real life is more similar to a pale pink, or mauve. The shape itself is small, compact, very slim and portable. 



The keyboard I got is the AJAZZx Nacodez Bluetooth Keyboard in the color soft pink. The keyboard has deep buttons and a loud typing sound which I personally find cute. 

Speaking about the keyboard, there’s a backstory that I think would be very important for you to pay attention to. When I first tried to buy a keyboard, I bought the ACTTO wireless keyboard that looks identical to the keyboard I have now. 


                


The difference is that I thought the ACTTO keyboard has a bluetooth connecting option, when in fact it only works with a C Type USB and even more heartbreakingly it is not compatible with any Apple products. I ended up giving it to one of my friends and had to buy another keyboard that has bluetooth which is the AJAZZ. So, I really think it is extremely important to really read the descriptions of the product you’re buying even if you might think you know what you’re buying. 

Another thing I like is you can basically treat your ipad like a computer, with the keyboard and set up, it looks exactly the same like how a computer would look, except its smaller, and cuter. 


            


Like this! Overall, if you’re a student who has a hard time motivating yourself to take notes in real notebooks, I think this is a very great solution. I personally dislike plain notes, and am quite a lazy person myself to collect all stationeries to decorate my notes regardless of the fact that I am very visual-based especially when it comes to colors. So the Ipad has really helped me create notes that I wasn’t able to do before. It has given me more motivation to study.





Here are some of my notes! You can see how my handwriting evolved through each notes LOL.

Also, there are actually some cute templates that you can download in the internet , and also some sticker packs to decorate your notes. 



However, if you’re already a pretty neat and diligent student and you’re trying to save up money and not willing to spend so much money, I wouldn’t say the Ipad is for you. It is indeed more convenient but there is just so much that the ipad can do, and at the end of the day if you already own a computer and a phone, an ipad is just an additional to your devices family. Like an extra pet parrot. It might be worth it for people like me, but I suggest considering it for a long term. 

For those who read until the end, let me tell you a little secret if you want a way way cheaper Ipad. Usually Ipad pro 2020 costs about 18-20 million rupiah if you purchase it in Ibox. But I got my ipad for 12 million rupiah, and no it is not second or fake. The difference is my ipad is international guaranteed, meaning if my ipad is broken one day, I have to go abroad to fix it, the closest one is in Singapore. That is the con. But I don’t think an ipad will be broken that easily so I decided to gamble on it and just take better care of my ipad. That’s the final tip from me and 

See you in the next blog

Comments

Popular Posts